Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nothing Too Exciting

I've been waiting for a good reason to blog again. Mostly waiting for good news from a job, but nothing. I figured I should write anyway to start a habit of writing. So here is what we have been up to:

Midterms -- Tyler got A's on all of his midterms. On one or two of them he got the top score. Believe me that week was stressful and no fun for me either since I barely got to hang out with him. But it all paid off. He sure is a smart one.

Halloween -- Tyler and I carved pumpkins with our friends...twice. First with the Davidson's and again with the Larson's. Sorry no pictures of the first time. We had a lot of fun at both and there were no injuries thank goodness.

Baby Blessing -- This last weekend Tyler and I went to my parents home for our nephew AJ's baby blessing. It was such a nice weekend having all the family there and enjoying everyone's company. We even were able to get some family pictures done which I'm sure will be posted soon.





Disneyland -- Tyler decided that he didn't need to study yesterday so once he got out of school and after we jump started his motorcycle we headed to Disneyland. The drive only took 45 minutes to get there and it was the perfect day to go. We went on almost all the rides we wanted to and the wait times were pretty minimal, we even walked onto some rides. The longest one we waited for was Star Tours but it was worth it because during the ride I was the Rebel spy that Darth Vader wanted captured it showed my picture (a very candid one) up on the screen. It was so fun. We also watched Captain EO. What a weird short movie with an incredibly weak plot. We met up with our friends Amanda and Tyler Tatton and their two kids Hadlee and Calvin. They are quite the bunch to hang out with, we are glad they think we are cool enough to let us tag along.  Except I think Hadlee has a crush on Tyler, which means I have some competition with a cute 8 year old. Once the Tattons had enough of us we decided to go over to CA Adventure and do some rides over there. We went on the Ferris wheel first and decided to go on the swinging gondola which was fun and exciting last time I went on it with Tia. This time it was still fun but the other couple in the gondola with us were two high school aged boys that were gay and one of them wouldn't stop screaming because he was so scared. I have nothing against gay people, I would have found it just as annoying if it was a teenage girl screaming the whole time. But it gave Tyler and I something to laugh over when we got off, because we normally don't hear guys scream that high or  make as big of deal over being on a ferris wheel. I wish we had a video camera and taped him. CA screamin was open and we went on that for the first time. I really really liked it. It is a great roller coaster! I recommend it to first time roller coaster riders as well as veterans like myself.
Here is my wonderful chauffeur and me driving around the pleasant area.
We had a fancy little sports car. Tyler was very excited except you can't pass anyone. Oh and he was determined to get it off the track.


Here is Hadlee and Calvin.

We totally made them go on all the scary rides with us. They were troopers.


 Well that about all we have been up to. Oh we both got callings, Tyler was called as a Cub Master and I was called as a CTR 7 primary teacher. I won't say I'm excited about the calling, but I'm willing to do it the best I can.

5 comments:

  1. So funny you have pictures with the tattons!! haha :) I miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the primary again :) You better be careful or they might make you President.

    Last time we were in Disneyland Chris kept trying to drive off the track as well! I think the Disneyland employees don't find it very amusing but we do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah is so jealous of you right now. ;) We had a great time with you guys! I am hoping 'quite a bunch' is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fuuunnnn! i love that you got to drive on the motorcycle to disneyland and your carved pumpkins look great! we miss you guys! let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah! I'm excited for you to move back to the mainland, but I'm also sad I didn't take advantage of you living there and come to visit you. But if you guys ever want to come visit when you are in SoCal please do.

    And Betsy please don't wish things like that on me :)

    ReplyDelete