Thursday, October 20, 2011

This is for you Andrea :)

I probably haven't set this up quite right yet, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Since we have moved from SLC to Redlands, CA I have had plenty of time on my hands since jobs are nearly non-existent. However, that doesn't mean I don't have anything to do. I have been baking a lot more and trying to be crafty. Both are more expensive than I thought unfortunately.

On Monday I got a job interview and I feel it went really well. I just forgot to ask when I should hear back from them and now I'm just waiting impatiently for a phone call. I also have had a lot of time on my hands so to think about what I want to do with my life. I have been pretty against going back to school until recently I have had inspiration that I should. So now I am looking at grad schools and their programs. It's too bad CA is so broke because tuition went up so much, but the program I am looking at is from Boston University online. And the program of choice is...drum roll please...Masters of Social Work. I know there are a lot of cons (and pros) about this field, however, I feel it is a good fit for me and a job that I can do part-time as the kiddos are growing up (don't be expecting them any time soon). I can also do the program part-time which would stretch it to being 3 years instead of 2. Now I just need to figure out a few more things like if I should apply for the next semester (May) or wait a little bit and work for awhile. I'm sure everything will work out how it is supposed to.

Other news...I have started running. Even as a kid I hated to run and I still do. But my body is getting used to it now and it's not so bad anymore. I try to run 3 times a week. I can run up to 3 miles with a few walking breaks now and I can run 1.5 miles without stopping. I know this isn't that great, but it sure is a start. Now for some other things related...I want a dog. What more motivation do you need to go running if you have to exercise your dog daily? I really want a Weimaraner or a Vizsla, they are similar breeds.
Weimaranar
Vizsla


 
However, I feel like we should wait until we have a place with a yard before we can have a dog especially a big dog. Speaking of dogs let's move on to one we are all familiar with: Goofy. No we actually haven't seen him yet, but I'm sure we will now that we have season passes to the Happiest Place on Earth. My friend Tia and I went a couple weeks ago because Todd(her husband a D2) and Tyler were both busy at school. We went on the carousal with a couple that were on their honeymoon from Mexico, they asked us if we were married to each other. It was a funny and almost awkward situation.


Moving on with that note...Tyler and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last week. Hurray for us. We went up to Big Bear Lake and out to dinner to celebrate. On our actual anniversary I made BBQ chicken pizza and we took a picture holding a picture from our 1st year anniversary, which we will be doing every year so when we are celebrating our 50th year we will have one really cool picture. I know it's a cool idea, but I can't take credit...I got it off Pinterest. Which I am semi-obsessed with. Another thing I am most definitely obsessed with is board games and one in particular. Ticket to Ride my friends, is such a great game. One of the biggest problems Tyler and I would fight about is him playing computer games. My wonderful mother in law suggested I should find something to do while he plays so I don't feel like he is ignoring me. Well I decided to fight fire with fire and found Ticket to Ride Online. I really do enjoy playing, but I also try to limit myself since it is just a time waster. But I must say Tyler and I get along a lot better now that I don't bug him about computer games anymore plus he doesn't have much time to spare these days. He is ALWAYS studying. Of course, that is a good thing for his grades, it's just that I'm still adjusting to it. Another thing I'm still getting used to is Tyler having a motorcycle. It's kinda scary, but I know he is a safe driver, it's just all the other drivers I'm worried about. 

 

Well I think I have given a good description of my life for the moment. Let's see if I can keep this up.

9 comments:

  1. Way to go Clare. It's good to write your feelings. I'm surprised you want to do more school. Congrats on the running. I could never do that! I'm also surprised about your want for a dog. Life will never be the same if you get one (kind of like kids). Think hard before you get one. They're alot alot alot of work and hard to leave when you want to come to Utah to visit us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Clare you blog!! Welcome to the Blogger world! Keep it up! We love blogging! I'm going to add you to my blog list! I enjoy blogging its way better then FB its more personal and great for the family to follow while u live away!
    Chanandlierpearson.blogspot.com
    Lieren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, it is nice to hear about what's going on from you and your hubby! I just wanted to comment on your choices for dogs. We have three dogs: two maltipoos and one Viszla mix. We love them all! Our miss Olivia, the Viszla, is definitely one energetic girl and if she doesn't get at least a half an hour fast walk (practically jog) each morning and an hour at the dog park each night then she goes bonkers and starts to be a bad girl. They are the sweetest and most loving breed!! Oh and their hunting instincts are amazing! Your other choice is a good one too. I have met a few at the dog park and they are very nice and gentle as well. Good luck choosing! Either way you will for sure have a running partner for life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YOUR BLOGGING! KNOW I KNOW WHATS GOING ON! I HOPE YOU FIND A JOB SOON, THAT'S VERY FRUSTRATING! AND I HOPE YOU GET A DOGGY! IT WOULD BE GOOD TIME BECAUSE YOU'R HOME A LOT SO YOU CAN TRAIN IT WELL! LOVE THE NEW MOTORCYCLE! I BET ITS PERFECT IN CALI! MISS YA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been patiently waiting for you to start a blog! I am so excited! I loved this post, I read it twice. I had no clue Tyler got a motorcycle?! I would be nervous as well. I also love that you started running, I wish we could go running together though. I miss our fun days at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to sincerely thank you for posting. And not only that, it's dedicated to me. I can't tell you how much this means to me! Also, that motorcyle is awesome! Are you going to get your license so you can do some bad-to-the-bone grocery shopping? School sounds like an awesome plan, especially if you've got the time to do it. Nothing wrong with getting smarter! So, were you and Tia holding hands? 'Cuz that, combined with being in California, would make me wonder too. We love you guys! Christmas 2011 or bust!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first blog post, Clare! Remember that one I started a couple of years ago? I don't remember how to find it! Haha! I think you need to ask someone who has a Weimaranar about them before you get one. the Chamberlain's can tell you the pros & cons. : ) Running and going to graduate school - both great things to do. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the support!!! I guess I'll keep this going...Andrea, we were not holding hands but they commented that we both were wearing wedding rings. Thanks for all the advice on dogs, unfortunately we are stuck in this apartment until I get a job, I don't think it is big enough for a dog, so I have to wait. But thanks again for all of the love and support, I think this will be good to keep people updated on how dental school is going for us. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. clare! this makes me so happy that you have a blog too. and it's cute! i think you are doing it just right. i hope your job interview went well! let's get together again sooon - this time at our place. we can do the getty! sunday afternoon getty or something. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete