Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Favorite Holiday


Happy 4th!!!
Yes, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Here are a few reasons it is almost guaranteed to be a warm day, watermelon, day off work, BBQ, time with friends and family, and to top it all off you get fireworks at the end of the day. More importantly though because I love my country and I believe it is important to show patriotism. Our new neighbors were completely decorated and generously shared a little flag for our yard. (I will be going to buy some discounted decorations today for next year.) Our neighborhood has a block party every 4th of July. One neighbor opens their pool to everyone and when it gets later everyone moved down towards our place, because it has the best view, for the firework show put on by the city. It was pretty impressive, they had firework designs that I had never seen before. We also went and hung out with all of our dental friends at a park for a bit. Our friends the Gordons threw the party and her parents brought a candy cannon that uses compressed air to shoot off candy for all of the kids. It was pretty fun, I think Tyler wants to make one.

So I have a bit of catching up to do...

Back in May Tyler turned 25 and I threw him and Mustache Bash.


This was a very competitive game of Guess Who's Stache


Our good friends the Tattons looking fabulous

I got braces!!! My insurance approved me for corrective jaw surgery, but the first step is to get braces on for a year. I would say I'm pretty self conscience about them, but I keep telling myself it is only a year. They are the least noticeable braces I have ever seen though, so I am happy about that. It looks more like a retainer.

We moved into a house!!! So we switched wards and are a bit further away from Loma Linda, but it still takes the same amount of time to get to work and school because we take the freeway now. My favorite thing about this house: 
The Kitchen

As nice as this house is we have quite a few projects. One of the major projects is taking the office out of the garage so that we can use it as a garage. This week Tyler was doing that. It went from this:
To this:
Next project is to finish the garage and put a new electric door in.

Tyler also started school again this week. He is now officially a D2!! I am so proud of him. He is a really good student and I think this year will be harder, but more fun for him since he will start working in the clinic.

Along with moving and doing projects on the house we were able to visit UT. In fact we got the keys to the house on a Friday, we moved in on Saturday and left Sunday morning to Utah. So we didn't even unpack and came home to lots of boxes, which are now unpacked thanks to Tyler.
Here are some picture of our trip:

Nephew Stetson




Nephew Jack



So for the last two months you can see we have been very busy. Thanks to my mom for coming and helping us clean and pack I was able to remain sane during all of this while I worked my two jobs. And we have the best of friends that helped us clean and pack too, we are so blessed here!








No comments:

Post a Comment