Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bake 52 Week 3: Boston Cream Cupcakes

Amanda decided to help ruin some people's New Year resolutions by picking this recipes out. But it was bound to happen sooner or later and I was sure glad to have these yummy treats last week. During this recipe, because there were many steps involved, I felt like it was spreading my wings in the baking realm. So it was a bit more effort than most recipes I deal with, but it was so worth it. I wish I could have FedEx one of these to each of my friends and family because I was so proud of them and I should have spread the calories around. I did take them to a BBQ, however, the queen bee also brought hers to the BBQ so not all of them got eaten, so Tyler and I ate the rest. We also did our best to run it off afterwards. I look forward to opportunities where I can make these again. If you would like to try them out go to Amanda's Blog, however, I hope you have some event to take them to because they are hard to resist.

Some unique things about these cupcakes:
  • The cupcake is very dense while still being moist and somewhat fluffy.They puff up while cooking and then deflate and become flat on top. Also the recipes says to use 1/3 cup to fill the muffins, I would do 1/4 next time.
  • The cream tastes just like Bird's Custard. A favorite of my family.
  • The chocolate is the perfect texture and flavor and can be used on many other desserts. However, I did use semi-sweet instead of bittersweet chocolate. 



3 comments:

  1. I am the Queen Bee? I totally thought that was you!;) We had a great time, thanks for inviting us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to give these a shot since Jason loves boston cream pie. In fact, we had one of those instead of a wedding cake. Sadly, I made one from scratch once and it was awful. Maybe with this recipe I can redeem myself...unless I have already ruined his love of them too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea-- You must try them! They are delicious. Jason will love them. The recipe makes 15 so make sure you have some people to share with because you guys will eat them all like Tyler and I did. But when you do make them tell me what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete